Romeo Christmas OrnamentsView the 2009 Ornaments Poster
Romeo Village Series
The 15th annual commemorative Christmas ornament features
the Rowley-Gray home also called the 'Wedding Cake’ house. This home onChurch St. is an elaborate yellow sided,
white trimmed two story architectural confection overflowing with Victorian
detail. Built in 1869 for about $5,000 by David H. Rowley, it stands today.
Price $20.00 Currently available!
The 14th annual
commemorative Christmas ornament is of a beautiful Queen Anne home located on North Main Street in Romeo. Built by R.M. Bickford in 1890
for around $2,000, this magnificent home served as the first parsonage of the
Congregational Church. As with many Queen Anne-style buildings, this home
reflects Japanese influence, which was very popular at the time. This can be
seen in the geometric patterns in the porch railings, and is visible in the
interior staircase and woodwork.
Price: $20.00 Currently available!
Our thirteenth Christmas ornament, released in 2009, is of the Wellington Jersey Home, 245 Pleasant St. Italianate residence completed in 1870 at a cost of $1800. Owned by Tom and Isabel Cox.Press Release
Price: $20.00 Currently available!
Our twelfth ornament in this series, released in 2008, is of the Rhoda Newberry residence, located at 195 S. Main St. This Victorian Gothic residence was constructed c. 1872 for the mother of Michigan State Senator, the Honorable John S. Newberry.
Our eleventh ornament in this series, released in 2007, is of the Samuel Ewell residence, located at 372 N. Bailey St. Samuel Ewell arrived in Romeo from Massachusetts in 1836 and constructed this Greek Revival residence soon after. It stands as possibly the oldest residence in Romeo.
Our tenth ornament in this series, released in 2006, is of the 1914 Walter Rumsey residence, located at 439 North Main St. This Craftsman Bungalow is a product of the Revolutionary Arts and Crafts movement of the early 20th century.
Our ninth ornament in this series, released in 2005, is of the Re. Dr. Henry White residence, located at 136 Minot St. This impressive "Turn of the Century" residence, c. 1895-1903, reflects unusual architectural design. While primarily Colonial Revival in style, Richardsonian Romanesque styling is evident in second floor features.
Our eighth ornament in this series, released in 2004, is of the James Morland Residencel, located at 150 First Street. Built in 1859, Morland's residence, a late Greek Revival, was enlarged in 1886 with Italianate proportions and Greek Revival details.
Our seventh ornament in this series, released in 2003, is of the George Washington Brabb house, located at 185 S. Main St. This large Italianate residence was erected in 1877. The residence now serves as a bed and breakfast, wedding chapel and tea room. Romeo Village Winery offers their "Brabb House, Chardonnay" wine with this house on their label.
Our sixth ornament in this series, released in 2002, is of the George A. Dewey Residence, located at 147 Church St. This Colonial Revival home is identified by its asymmetrical facade, third floor palladian window and its five bay windows.
Our fifth ornament in this series, released in 2001, is of the David Rowley
Residence, located at 307 Chandler. A beautiful Gothic style, built in 1871 at
a cost of $6000.
Our fourth ornament in the series, released in 2000, is of the First Congregational Church, located at 102 Church Street. Built 1875-1877, it was designed by a talented 27 yr old Charles H. Marsh, from Rochester, New York.
Our third ornament, released in 1999, is of the Leonard Eldred residence at 349 N. Main Street. Built in 1901, this Queen Anne style home includes a wrap around front porch with a heart shaped entrance.
Our second ornament, released in 1998, is of the Ransom B. Moore residence, located at 439 Prospect. Built in 1871, this beautiful Italianate was the costliest residence built at that time. TD Village Wines offers their "Prospect Hill, Malbec" wine with this house on the label.
Our first Christmas ornament offered for sale in 1997 by the Romeo Historical Society is of the Orrin Sisson home, at 240 Sisson Street. Built in 1877, it is one of the most beautiful examples of Second Empire architecture in Romeo.
A special ornament in this series, released in 2002, is of the Romeo High School, located at 11091 W. 32 Mile Rd. Built between 1957 and 1958 the school was dedicated on October 26, 1958.